Thursday, May 17, 2007

Forgive me if I look so lonely...It's not that bad.

Augustana is my new musical love. Love, love, LOVE.

So I went to Arizona. And I'm ready to move there. ASAP. And the sad part, I'm completely serious and would love nothing more than for my mom to move out there for her job, and I follow. I know it's the desert and I'm crazy, but we all have our quirks, right? It was so pretty, and warm, and NOT humid. I liked it. A lot.

But for now I'm stuck, here, in Georgia. I do know more about what I want to do with my life though. After getting my degree from CSU in Health Science, I want to go to a graduate school, preferably out west. (That's negotiable though. I'd love to settle down out west, but for now, I'm still trying my options.) I want to specialize in Maternal and Child health, and do a "sub-specialty" (I'm pretty much making these words up as I go. They sound somewhat professional though, agreed?) in International Health. That way, I get all the credentials I've been thinking about for the last few months. Women's Health, and International Health. I don't really know why, but I get so excited thinking about and talking about my educational future. I've never been gung-ho for school, but stuff I'm interested in makes me feel like a bit of a school-aholic. Yeah, I didn't see it coming either.

So far my summer has gone really well. I came home from CSU, went to Arizona for a week, and now I'm trying to get Maymester finished up. Here's my summer schedule:

May
7-11: Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona with my Mom
24-28: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with my Dad and sister

June
4-last day of Maymester
5-9: Florida with Mom, Sarah, Matt, and the Eberharts
20: first day of Summer term

And then after that, I have no clue. My summer has just fallen neatly into place within the last few weeks, so my hope is that the rest of my summer with just come together as well. I know I've been really blessed with things just working out for me, but I have faith that God will put me in the right places when He sees fit.

And so far, the summer I've had has been really successfull. I've read a total of 3 novels, and I'm on my fourth. I love reading for pleasure. The craziness and go-go-go mentality of regular semesters seem to make me forget how much I love reading for myself. I was always a book worm in elementary and middle schools, but when the real loads of work hit in high school, pleasure reading got put on hold. I suppose these breif periods of time that I do have make me enjoy novels even more. Yay reading!

My communications class is going well, other than the fact that I could either a.) barf, b.) hyperventilate, or c.) bolt out the door in tears, upon walking into the classroom. It's public speaking, and that alone gives me butterflies. I don't like people. I don't enjoy talking in fronto of them, especially when there is no feedback involved. But it's supposed to be 50% online, but my instructor chucked that part. So I got 3 nights a week, and only for 2 hours each. Once again, God looks out for me. Big time.

Alright, I am going to get some sleep. I forgot that half of my house is still in high school, so when they got up and took over the kids bathroom (thats what we call it, because all 3 of us share one bathroom, with one sink, and one toilet. Not going to lie...Its rough sometimes), this morning at 5.30, I was a little angry. Not to mention, my room is right next to the bathroom, so I could hear every cabinet door being closed, shampoo bottle being dropped, and each time sarah rung out her hair. And I'm a really hard sleeper, so they really made a lot of racket in there. Oh well, I'll just have to sleep harder!

Goodnight, loves!
(all 3 of you who *might* still read this...)

No comments: