Well, I was told to update this. I don't really have much to update. School blows right now, especially the research paper, regular paper, and 2 finals that I need to take. But as of Friday I'm finished with this semester. Then on Monday, May 7th, I'm flying to Scottsdale, Arizona to tag along on my mom's business trip. It's May 7th-11th, and you have no idea how excited I am about it! We are staying in the Resort Suites, and I'm not really sure what that means, but it sounds really fancy! I'm going to lay out by the pool and get a tan, and read books, and catch up on all the celebrity gossip I've missed these past few weeks.
Then May 14th Maymester starts, and I'll have class from 6-8 Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays until June 1st. I think I'm just going to go home on Wednesday nights, cause I really have no reason to be in Columbus. One reason I thought I had dropped me like a hot potatoe.....his loss. I've cleared it with my boss, and I'll just work Mon-Wed.
Then I'm taking 2 classes during June term, which means class 9-12 everyday, and work a few days a week. No one will be in Columbus, so maybe I'll do really well in school? Or I'll just be bored out of my mind. Probably the latter.
It's weird, I have trouble believing freshman year is pretty much over. Maybe I'm just really sentimental and weird, but I don't even know where all the time went. I'm kinda not ready for everyone to go home for the summer. But what can you do?
I came home, back to Snellville, this weekend. It's been rough; it's always rough coming home. But I had a really good conversation with my mom, about the things that are really eating at me. There's the obvious-her and my dad divorcing. The papers have been filed and it's just a matter of time. She's alright-hanging in there. We talked about my Grama alot, her past and some stories and stuff. And boys. And I'm just so frustrated with males, and I'm bitter, and angry. And I don't have influential men in my life. Seriously, my dad left, C4C is completely segregated, and I thought I was seeing someone, and I think he bailed but forgot to tell me? Story of my life. So, my prayer for myself is to lose the bitterness, cause it takes up way too much space. After our conversation, my mom went into the church and saw a quote that said "Without change, there would be no butterflies". True, it was a quote from one of the preschool walls, but still, maybe it's something.
I'm going back to Columbus tomorrow, knowing that I need an attitude adjustment. I didn't say my attitude will be better-but I'm aware some things need to be changed.
Goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment