Writing an actual blog is not a frequent occurance for me, so when I write one, I usually take a day or so to think about it. I just finished reading Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster, who is the author of Bitter is the New Black as well. And, let me tell you, I adore these two books. The books are based off of the author's blog, found here. This woman has the most amazing sense of humor, and I laughed the whole way through both books. So, naturally, her works have inspired me to keep up with my own blog, which has wasted away into a huge, angsty, Rachel pity party. Which no one, even yours truly, wants to read. So, no promises, but I'll try to work on the depressing posts. It's time for a new leaf.
Anyways, my point being that I've taken quite a bit of time to think about this post. Like, all day. Since I've spent quite a bit of time contemplating how I'm going to reel in my audience (that's you!), I decided I'd grab a juice pouch and a bowl of Skittles (no, we don't know much about nutrition in our house), and get cozy while I turn my blog leaf over. As I'm stepping out into the garage to retrieve my Wild Cherry Capri Sun (my fave!), I come face to face with a huge, giant, hairy spider. After urinating in my pants a tad, I regain my poise and composure, and try to slip around her. I say it's a she, because the last huge spider that was in our garage, my dad smashed it with a newspaper roll, and about 200 (no exaggeration here, people) little spider babies dispurse themselves all over our garage. And since Karma is a bitch, I'm pretty positive that this spider is a direct descendent of the pregnant spider my father so kindly murdered. Understandably, she's quite angry that my relative killed hers. I skinny by her on my tiptoes, and proceed to the outside fridge. As I trun around to make the trek back across the garage to go back inside, I turn around, only to find our hairy orphaned friend. Yes, she followed me! So now, I'm backed into the corner. Then it hits me- I'm a 19 year old human being battling it out with a freakin' spider. Thus, I confidently hold up my Capri-Sun (normall it would be a wine cooler, but I haven't been able to replenish my stash since returning from vacation), and step over that darned spider. Rachel- 1, nasty, bitter spider- 0.
And I really think my infatuation with The OC should have died when the show went off the air. I mean, my desktop background is Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson, AKA Seth and Summer. And (sigh) they broke up in December 2006. And I seriously love Mischa Barton. But she was killed off in May of 2006. Sad, I know. Seriously, time for a new show, Rachel. But it's so good. I should try to bring it back..... Who's up for helping?!
I've become a bit of a tan-orexic this summer. I just can seem to get enough sun. Problem? Yes.
Alright, I'm off to finish off season 3 of my OC DVD's.
Peace, love, and Skittles, bitches!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment